National Institute of Meteorological Sciences is located in Jeju of Korea.
Research Team of Roles
|Research Planning and Management Division |
|- Research planning and operating support. |
- Performance management of research projects and improvement of use.
- Improvement of cooperation with related organizations and project cost management.
- A Study of planning and investigation of short-term policies that are necessary in establishing the major policies of KMA.
|Future Strategy Research Team|
|- Strategic Operation and Evaluation on Executive Agency and R&D project.|
- Research and analyzes domestic and international trends in major meteorological technologies and policies
|Artificial Intelligence Forecast Team|
|- A Study on Artificial Intelligence Technology for Meteorological Forecaster Decision Support.|
- A Study on the Analysis and Processing of Meteorological Big Data
|Observation and Forecast Research Division|
|- A study on a meteorological numerical model.|
- A study on synoptic- and meso-scale phenomena.
- A study on short and mid-range numerical weather forecast.
- A study on data assimilation.
|Climate Research Division|
|- Research on prediction of climate change and its mechanism|
- Research on climate variability and abnormal climate
- Development of climate and climate change predication models
- Research on national standard scenario on climate change
- Research on impact assessment of and adaptation to climate change
- Development of carbon tracking system, while studying carbon circulations
|Earth System Research Division|
- A study on the use of meteorological satellite data.
|Environmental Meteorology Research Division|
|- Establishment of integrated Hwangsa (China Dust Storms) monitoring network in East Asia.|
- Establishment of Hwangsa forecast model using the next-generation meteorological model.
- Assessment of the accuracy of Hwangsa forecast and improvement plan.
|Applied Meteorology Research Division|
|- A study on industrial and living meteorology.|
- A study on environmental and micro meteorology.
- A study on aeronautical and agricultural meteorology.
- A study on micro meteorology and local climate.
- A study on atmospheric radiation and atmospheric chemistry.
- A study on climate impact assessment.